Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Day 12 - A good day to discuss the Mandate.

Wednesday Recap
 I hope that you all found our class discussion of the Mandate of Heaven interesting and helpful.  Admittedly, it is not an easy document to grasp the first time through.  Having an opportunity to work through the questions for analysis with a small group of your peers should help clarify some things.

I urge you to read through the article How to Read a Secondary Source that I shared with you today.  One of the most important skills that you should take away is being able to handle complex text.  This is a skill that must be learned and practiced.

Tonight in APWH
Another of the most important skills to take away from this class is to become a proficient writer.  We have an opportunity tonight to move in that direction.

I want you to address question 8 of the Questions for Analysis with a compare and contrast essay.  Choose either Egypt or Mesopotamia to compare with China.  Remember the feedback that I gave you after our last C&C essay.  The document can be found on Edmodo.

The Chapter 2 Quiz will be next Tuesday (I know that I said Monday in class).

No comments:

Post a Comment